Saturday, February 4, 2012

Amazing Love


I'm too sure you came across this one amazing story about a mother's love for her son. 



She was found dead while protecting her 3 months old son, wrapping him with cloth and embracing him tightly to save him from the devastating earthquake...With this sacrifice was a touching text message recovered from a cellphone that she also wrapped along with her son. It read "If you can survive, u must remember that I love you".




Several months after the incident, there were other versions that came out changing some details of the story such as the age of the baby, that the baby actually died along with her, and so on and on... but the morale remains strong. The only thing that can't be edited in each version ..it was that pure and unconditional love of a mother that proved true until the day she died.


Indeed, this is a very touching story. However, it did not come as a surprise to me at all. As a Mom, I would be inclined to do the same thing given the same circumstances. I would like to believe that as a daughter, my own mother would do the same in protecting me. This might be too awesome  to those who have not realized yet what have mothers' sacrificed and what they're willing to sacrifice for their children. I should say, I only realized this when I too become a mom. 

When I gave birth to Georgia, I suddenly have a bird's eye-view of how my mother felt for me and how intense was her love for all of us her children. She must have cried a river worrying about our safety and must have spent endless nights praying about what the future could be for all of us, as we first took our own way to independence. So what that woman did was nothing extraordinary if we are completely aware that MOTHERS should be as sacrificial as her.But what made it extraordinary was the thought that in this age and time, it will be so hard to find women who embody the true  essence of the word.

Thanks to women like her, they motivate mothers to be true to their role and inspire them to dedicate their life for the betterment of their children.

As for me, words can never describe how unconditional the late Ana Vallar Cena was. 

This article is dedicated to her and all the mothers in this world whom in their hearts sure to deliver the message " If you can survive, u must remember that I love you" even if it would be more sacrificial than what the woman did.


Author's note: Picture was downloaded from fb

No comments:

Post a Comment